Monday 3 June 2013

My Style Diary - Tea Party Time!








Hello there :)

It was my birthday on Wednesday, and despite feeling quite sick and having a very tiring day at work, I ended up having a really lovely day (well night at least) - just relaxing with my family and eating yummy chocolate cake! I'm seriously so lucky to have the best family (and boyfriend) ever! I think I'll have to post some of those photos later, because I was lucky enough to receive some gorgeous flowers, that are just too pretty to not share! :)

Anyway, on Saturday I had a little tea party with my girl friends... (and Tom because he loves tea too!). I got quite excited about it and had lots of fun preparing the food and setting everything up. I'm actually a terrible cook, so I decided to stick with simple things - Cornflake crackles, cucumber sandwiches, fairy bread... (so basically kids party food!). I'm also a bit of a tea freak, so we had quite a large selection of teas to choose from!

It turned out to be a lovely afternoon just chatting and catching up. It was just what I needed after what felt like (but really wasn't) a very long week... the week always seems to drag along when you're sick!

Anyway, this is what I wore to the tea party. Sorry the photos aren't the best quality, it was getting quite dark by the time I took these! I found this white floaty blouse at Forever New, and I know it's going to become one of my most worn tops. I've been looking for something like this for ages, but they never looked quite right on me. This one is perfect - the fit, the long sheer sleeves, the beautiful but simple lace detailing along the neckline...I'm in love with it! This was also the first time that I've worn this leather jacket which I picked up in Florence. Just looking at it brings back so many great memories of our Europe trip!

What I'm Wearing
White Blouse - Forever New
Jeans - Calving Klein
Jacket - From Florence
Boots - Aldo
Bag - Jigsaw
Cross Ring - Asos
Necklace - Local Boutique

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx






No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished