Sunday 29 September 2013

My Style Diary - Pop of Purple








Hello there :)
This week has been rather exhausting, so it's nice to finally be able to sit down and do some blogging! My parents are away in New York at the moment, so being the "responsible adult" in the house has meant lots of early mornings dropping my littlest sister to school (she starts at 6:50am), driving her to cello lessons, and just getting all those little things around the house done. I'm not complaining by any means, I'm more than happy to do it, it's just  been very busy! It does really make me appreciate all the things my Mum does though!

Anyway, yesterday was the AFL Grand Final (that's Australian Football League for those of you who aren't Australian). I need to start off by saying that I am by no means a fan of football, I usually watch one game a year - the Grand Final - and it's more a chance to catch up with friends and eat food than really pay much attention to the game. However, this year the Fremantle Dockers were playing for the first time ever, and the whole of Perth seems to have gone football crazy, and jumped on the Freo bandwagon. It's all I'd been hearing about all week. 
I went to my boyfriends house to watch the game with his family and thought I'd show my support for Freo with just a little touch of purple in my outfit (admittedly it's more like lilac... but I tried :p). I actually also watched the whole game this year... and discovered that I should never watch any form of competitive sport again. Not because I was bored, but because I get much too worked up about the whole thing! Obviously I wanted the Dockers to win, but it wasn't a particularly big deal to me if they didn't, and yet I was getting very nervous during the game. I realise that is quite ridiculous... but... it's true! Oh well...

Let's have a quick chat about my outfit. As always it's very simple, just jeans and a girly top and cardigan. I also did a purpley/champagne eye make-up look, which you can't see in these photos (it's very subtle), but I'm going to show in my next beauty post. I had a bit of time in the morning and was in the mood to play with make-up :)

Anyway, that's it for now.
I hope you're having a lovely Sunday afternoon!

Love Lauren
xxx

Top - from France
Cardigan - Pull and Bear
Jeans - Siwy from Subway DC
Sandals - Therapy 
Essie nail polish in "Bangle Jangle"

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished