Sunday 8 December 2013

Christmas Gift Ideas - For Him

Christmas Gift Ideas - For Him

Hello :)

Happy Sunday! Here is the second part of my little Gift Guide series, this time "For Him". Let's hop right in. 


An "Easy" Cook Book
For example: Jamie Oliver's "Ministry of Food", or "What's for Dinner?" by Curtis Stone.
Obviously this isn't going to be for everyone, but my parents gave Tom the Jamie Oliver book a few years ago, and he really loved it. It's full of simple but tasty recipes with step by step instructions that are really easy to follow. Great for someone who's just getting started with cooking or who just wants to cook a nice meal without too much fuss (and if you're lucky enough they might even decided to cook something for you! :p)

1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die (or Similar)
There's a whole range in this series (books to read, places to visit, songs to listen to, etc...) My Dad loves these kind of books, and he now has quite the collection. This one in particular would be great for the movie buff. 

Wallet
This wallet by Status Anxiety is super compact and slimline. Perfect for the minimalist. This was one of Tom's birthday presents this year and he seems to really like it!

Bow Tie
Not much to say about this one, again it depends on the person, but I think it would make a cute gift.

Shower Gel/Shaving Cream/Other Body Products
The Lush "Dirty" scented shower gel and shaving cream pictured here smells of spearmint and is so lovely and refreshing. Heaps of other brands have gift sets available if you're wanted to go along with this kind of present, but keep in mind that you probably don't want to get one of the sets with all the silly extras that will never be used. Keep it simple!

Super Soft Fluffy Blanket
Not something you'd usually think to give to a boy, but I've given this as a gift to two guys now and they both loved it! Just make sure it's in a "manly" colour and really soft and fluffy (I think that's part of the appeal).
Bed Bath and Table has some really nice ones, but I'm sure you can find these in pretty much any "Home" store.

Jo Malone Cologne
I wrote about this in my "For Her" gift guide, but Jo Malone also does some really lovely scents for men as well. Very luxurious and delicious! 

Beard Trimmer/Hair Clipper Set
I don't know a whole lot about these so not much to say, other than that this something my Dad wanted for Christmas, so you never know, maybe other Dad's out there would like this too? The one pictured is the Wahl Deluxe Corded Hair Clipper Gift Set and I picked it up from Myer. 

An Interesting Wall Print
Typo has some really cool and relatively inexpensive wall art available at the moment. 

A Belt
You can never really go wrong with a nice belt. There's tonnes of different styles to suit everyones taste, and it's something pretty safe that you can (almost) always be sure they will use. I've seen some great belts in French Connection and Country Road lately.

A Cute Mug and some Hot Chocolate Mix (or Tea/Coffee)
I'm giving this to one of my friends this year. I think the Mr Men mugs are so cute, and they're the kind of thing that will always come in handy. Myer has quite a large selection of Mr Men (and Little Miss) mugs this year, so you can choose one suitable for the person you're giving it to. Paired with some nice Tea and Koko Black Hot Chocolate Mix, I think it makes a nice gift. 

Anyway, hopefully this was somewhat helpful!

I hope you're having a great Sunday afternoon :)

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx

There's also links to where you can find most things on my Polyvore page

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished