Friday 14 February 2014

Valentine's Day Nails


This was my first foray into nail art, and I quite like how it turned out, so I thought I'd share how I created these Valentine's Day inspired nails. It was actually very easy so if you're a beginner like me, don't be afraid to give it a try! It's probably too simple to even need a tutorial, but I know that I for one am clueless when it comes to nail art, so here's a step-by-step description of what I did. 


1) To start off I simply painted my nails a base coat and then 2 coats of a pale pink polish
2) Once that was completely dry, I used a tooth pick to dot the brighter pink polish into the shape of the heart. I found it easiest to place a little blob of the polish onto a piece of paper, and then make sure I only had a tiny amount on the tooth pick.
3) At this point, I felt like the heart needed a little defining, so I used a white polish to dot around the edges
4) On my index finger, I used the same pink polish to create "Valentines themed" tips - it's supposed to look like the top of a love heart. I found it easiest to do it in 2 strokes, starting from the centre and moving outwards.
5) Then once that was dry I painted over it all with a top coat

Hopefully that makes sense! I know for some people I'm proabably pointing out the obvious, but I often look at pictures on instagram and think "how the hell did they manage to do that!"

The polishes I used were:
Revlon Colour Stay Base Coat and Top Coat
Essie - "French Affair"
Kit Cosmetics - "High Impact"
Rimmel Nail Tip Colour - "Porcelain"

Let me know if you try out any Valentine's Day themed nail art!

Lauren
xxx

1 comment :

  1. This is such a cute nail art, i love pink! I'm going to buy the essie polish next time i'm shopping, it looks lovely! Thanks ever so much for your kind words about my blog. You made me smile with your comments too! Hope you're feeling better, Lauren. Have a fantastic weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished