Thursday 27 March 2014

My Malaysia Holiday


A couple of weeks ago, my Mum and I took a short trip to Malaysia, and I just wanted to share a couple of my Instagram photos with you (seeing as I finally learnt how to make these photo collages!)

We had four days in Kuala Lumpur and were fortunate enough to be travelling with two of my mum's friends who used to live there, so we had excellent tour guides! They showed us all of the best shopping spots (very important of course), but my favourite place they took us was the markets where we went every morning for breakfast. It was really great being able to experience the local food and culture (and a great trip down memory lane for my Mum who used to go to a similar market when she was a little girl growing up in Malaysia - before she moved to Australia). 

We had such a nice holiday, and I'd definitely recommend visiting Malaysia if you've never been before! Particularly if you're a big foodie because there is just so much variety. I must have had at least 8 fresh coconuts while I was there. They were just so so good! The shopping is pretty amazing too so that's another big plus!

Photos - Left to Right
Coffee, tea and kaya toast at the markets for breakfast - Colourful desserts - The markets - View from our hotel room - Egg tarts - Shopping in Topshop - Roti canai (one of my favourite foods) - The roti canai shop (where we stopped every morning) - The markets again - Fresh Coconut! - Brightly coloured cakes - Accidental matching outfits! - Biscuits - The lovely lady who made the most delicious popiah - More sweet things - Buying jackfruit at the markets

Anyway, that's it for now. Hope you've had a great day!

Lauren
xxx

2 comments :

  1. OMG you are so lucky!!! I love going back to Malaysia the food there is so so amazing. I swear I gain like 5 kg every time I go back. Looking at all your photos is making me seriously hungry. The shopping is also pretty amazing too! :)


    staygoldjo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean... pretty sure anytime I go to Malaysia or Singapore I gain about 5kg (but it's worth it!) haha :) ...although I like to think that the amount of walking I do when I'm shopping, slightly cancels out the amount I'm eating!

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished