Wednesday 7 May 2014

My Style Diary - With Flowers in My Hair









Hello hello :)

I've always loved the look of floral crowns, and its a trend I've been wanting to wear ever since they first appeared, however I've always felt just a bit too shy to give them a go. 
When I saw this beautiful one on sale at Sportsgirl the other day (managed to pick it up for $3!), I couldn't pass it up, as it was one I could actually really see myself wearing.

 I love the beautiful bold colour that really stands out, but the fact that the flowers are on the back means I don't feel too over the top when I'm wearing it. There's also no pesky elastic band at the back which I feel takes away from the beauty of many of the the floral crowns I've seen (aside from the fact that I can never seem to get those ones to sit and stay comfortably on my head!)

For this crowns first outing (brunch with one of my best friends), I kept the rest of the outfit very simple with just jeans, a striped t-shirt and biker boots.
I really like the contrast of the tough biker boots and the feminine florals and I think this outfit really epitomises my style - comfy and casual but with a touch of girlie-ness thrown into the mix.

Anyway, enough rambling...
I hope you're having a great night! I'm snuggled up in bed listening to the rain which is so relaxing after a busy day!

Goodnight :)

Lauren
xxx

Floral Crown - Sportsgirl
Top - Dotti
Jeans and Bag - Country Road
Boots - All Saints
Necklace and Watch - Thomas Sabo
Bracelet - Pandora


...also floral crowns always remind me of that song "I wish I was a punk rocker (with flowers in my hair)" ... anyone remember that one? 
I wasn't super fond of the song but it just brings back good memories :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished