Monday 2 June 2014

My Style Diary - 24









Hello hello! :)

It feels like a long time since I sat down to write a post, but I'm glad to finally be getting the chance! It's been a fun but tiring week, (I've been battling a rather annoying cold), so I'm really grateful for the long weekend and this extra day off! I'm planning on having a very chilled out day today just relaxing and getting things done. I might be weird, but for some reason I actually find doing all the laundry and ironing to be quite relaxing... yes I'm a little odd... but there must be someone else who agrees with me?? hehe...

Anyway...

This Thursday was my 24th birthday, and I can't quite believe another year has already passed. 24 seems to be a strange age... in some ways I feel really old, but in others I just don't feel mature enough to be in my "mid-twenties" (as Tom put it)
Regardless, I had a great day, filled with lovely things, like being surprised by a gorgeous bunch of flowers when I got to work, lunch with my Mum, and then picking Tom up from the airport and having a relaxing night, mostly spent watching How I Met Your Mother (one of our favourite shows)

 My outfit for the day was my typical basic black work wear with a splash of colour from this gorgeous floral scarf (which I stole from my Mum). Nothing fancy, but I like it nonetheless. 

I also just wanted to briefly mention something non-fashion related - 
This weekend, I had a great time helping out my friend Sheena, who premiered her documentary, The Humanitarian Engineer at the State Library Theatre on Saturday night. 
Sheena's an engineer who (with zero film-making experience), researched, filmed, edited and produced this documentary which  "celebrates engineering, its diversity and its power to enrich the human condition".
If you're interested in finding out more about it you can check out her website here. I wanted to mention it because I think it's just such an amazing achievement, and even though I'm not an engineer, I found it to be a very interesting and thought-provoking film. 

That's it for today! I hope you're all doing well! :)

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx

Top and Pants - Country Road
Scarf - Forever New
Shoes - Steve Madden
Bag - Jigsaw
Watch - Calvin Klein

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished