Friday 1 August 2014

My Style Diary - Winter Blues






We're extremely lucky with our winters here in Perth, with many days being beautifully clear and sunny, but to be honest, I am officially over winter.
Don't get me wrong, I love a good rainy day, a cozy night in and a chance to pull out the winter layers - but I've had my fill of that now, I'm sick of the cold and I just want summer to hurry up!!

Ok, moving on from that little rant (sorry for the complaining)...

 I picked up this skirt the other day (for a great deal might I add) and can't wait for the chance to style it in a more summer-y way with a floaty white top and sandals. However, while I'm waiting for spring, this cable knit sweater and boots will just have to do!

Lauren
xxx

Jumper - Quirky Circus from Myer
Skirt - Candidate from General Pants
Boots - Country Road

4 comments :

  1. How beautiful is your chunky cable knit sweater? (VERY being the answer of course!) I love your floral print skirt, the bold, neon pops of blue stand out and really contrast to your jumper shade. Gorge!
    I definitely don't blame you, despite being a winter girl, these last few seasons have seen me just longing for summer too. Fingers crossed for warmer weather to soon be at your doorstep ;)

    Sophie | soinspo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always leave the sweetest comments Sophie! Thank you so much :) xx

      Delete
  2. That skirt is adorable, definitely something can be worn all year round. I wish I bought more skirts, I just have no idea how to wear them. Everyone, like you, seems to get it right and I just look awkward, like someone has tried to put a skirt on a dog.
    Fingers crossed the sun is coming your way soon :)

    Gems x
    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I am usually exactly like that with skirts! I always feel like the just don't sit right, or they just look/feel awkward and I can never find the right top to wear with them! I hardly ever wear skirts for that reason. I think if you find one that fits perfectly though (which can be tough!) you can definitely make it work :)

      xx

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished