Tuesday 27 January 2015

The Liebster Award



The other week I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster Award by not one, but two lovely bloggers - Chloe from Chloe Marie and Rachel from Where She Goes, so thank you so much!
The post would be a little bit lengthy if I answered all their questions, so instead I've picked my favourites from each of them. Hopefully you guys don't mind!

A little background - I did a bit of googling, and apparently "Liebster" is a German word meaning beloved/kind/dearest/sweetest,  and the The Liebster Award is a way of giving newer bloggers, or those who maybe haven't had as much recognition as they deserve a little bit of love. It's a great way to find out more about them, as well as a great way to discover some new blogs to read!

The Liebster Award rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link them in the post
2. Answer the questions provided by your nominator
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers, all with under 200 followers, and link them in the post also
4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
5. Notify all your nominees through a form of social media, such as leaving a comment on their most recent blog post

Okay - let's jump into the questions!

1. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
I'm not sure about what my absolute favourite thing is, but I just enjoy the chance it gives me to be a little more creative, and I find the whole blogging process in general really fun. I like coming up with different ideas, taking photos, putting posts together and just making my little corner of the internet as pretty (and hopefully inspiring) as possible.

At the moment my blog is mostly my "style diary" and very outfit-post heavy because these are the easiest and quickest posts for me to put together, but I have so many different ideas that I'd like to include on here (recipes, beauty, more general lifestyle content) so I really need to make the time to blog more!

2. If dying your hair had no effect, what colour would you go?
Pink! (but probably not all over, just the ends!)

3. If you could share one piece of advice, what would it be?
Be kind to people and try not to judge anyone... you never know what's going on in someone else's life. This is something I've particularly realised lately.

4. Summer or Winter?
Summer... always summer
Everything's just that little bit easier, simpler, more relaxed and generally just more fun!

5. What are your goals for 2015?
There are a few but the main one is to not let worrying about what people think stress me out and stop me from doing what I want to do.
I also want to read more and learn at least one new song on the ukelele (a recent hobby). There are others but I don't really feel like putting those on the blog right now :)

6. If everything was free for a day, which five shops would you visit?
A tricky one, but off the top of my head - Tigerlily (they have such beautiful pieces), Mecca Cosmetica, Country Road, Kikki.K (I am a stationery nerd!) and Chanel - I don't think I'll ever own a Chanel bag, but maybe if everything was free?? hehe... a girl can dream :)

7. Favourite hobby?
In the past few years blogging has worked it's way up as one of my favourites, but if I had to choose just one it would be reading. There's nothing more relaxing than curling up with a good book and getting lost in another world. I used to constantly have my nose in a book but I don't read nearly as much as I would like to these days!

8. What's your favourite book?
It's way to hard to pick just one so I'm going to list off a few that I've loved and that are sitting on my bookshelf - Harry Potter (of course), The Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody, An Equal Music by Vikram Seth, The Silent Shore by Ruth Elwin Harris, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman. I recently finished reading  A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness and that was pretty good too!

9. Favourite Album of 2014?
Taylor Swift's 1989

10. Who is the most important person (or people) in your life?
My family, Tom (my boyfriend) and my best friends (stereotypical answer, but it's true!)

11. Where in the world do you want to visit?
There are so many places, but I think the next place I want to visit is Scandinavia


My Nominations
(I mostly went off Bloglovin stats so I'm sorry if you have more than 200!)



My Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
3. Favourite TV shows?
4. What cheers you up if you've had a really bad day?
5. If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life what would it be?
6. If you could meet anyone (dead or alive), who would it be?
7. A quote you love?
8. Your guilty pleasure?
9. What song best describes you and your personality?
10. What is your favourite post that you've written? (and link it if you can)
11. If you could have one magical power, what would it be?


Also  I just wanted to mention that I got the picture up the top from the beautiful blog Stylish Sunrise. I didn't nominate her because she just recently did a liebster award post but I wanted to mention her anyway! Also just a quick mention to Lizzy Hearts who nominated me for a Liebster Award ages ago and I never had the chance to do it!

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx

6 comments :

  1. Congrats on being nominated! I love the advice you chose to, it's something I think is really important to remember!

    Lauren x
    www.thefashionramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination Lauren! How exciting! I was actually nominated for a Leibster award a few months ago and never got around to responding (oops!) so I'll combine the two nominations and do a post soon! xx H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems Hannah :) Glad you want to do it - I never got around to doing it the first time either! It's one of those posts that just takes that little bit longer but it's fun once you get started! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh thank you for nominating me. I've actually done a post about it ages ago, but I think I'm going to do it again. :)

    Beauty Inside Art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I didn't see that - sorry about that, but I'm glad you're still keen to do it again! xx

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished