Friday 27 February 2015

My Style Diary - White Dress and a Wardrobe Ramble


Hello Hello! :)

A couple of weeks ago it was my youngest sister's Year 12 ball, and because our Uncle happens to be a professional photographer, he came round to take photos of everyone. The girls all looked so stunning and it was so nice seeing them all dressed up and excited to be heading off to their ball!

Once everyone else had left, Uncle Ron was kind enough to take a few photos of me for my blog, so a big thank you to him for these photos!

I had lots of fun helping Bella to get ready, but of course it ended up being a bit of a rush!
We wanted to have some family photos before all of Bella's friends arrived, and because I was doing her makeup and fussing over her (it was her night!), I ended up having about 5 minutes to get ready myself. 

This white dress paired with a tan belt and chunky heels was what I ended up throwing together at the last minute and I really like how it turned out.
You probably know by now that I have a thing for white dresses in floaty fabrics so this has had a lot of love since it was added to my collection. 

I really should have learnt by now that I need to plan ahead with my outfits for situations when I know I'm going to be strapped for time, but it seems I like the last minute approach. That's why I'm working on organising my wardrobe so it's full of pieces that are effortlessly beautiful, easy to throw on, and versatile enough to be styled in different ways.
At the start of the year I began a bit of a "wardrobe rehab" project that involved a lot of clearing out, and has lead me to be much more selective when it comes to choosing what comes home with me (unless it fit's the description above, it goes back on the rack). I'm actually feeling quite proud of myself because I haven't bought a single new clothing item since December and have really been focusing on appreciating what I already have and finding new ways to wear things. 

It's still a work in progress, (that requires a lot more clearing and the filling of a few holes here and there), but we're getting there - and I seem to have successfully curbed my shopping addiction!
I'm planning on writing more about this at some stage, so let me know if you're interested in reading about my little "Wardrobe Rehab" project!
(the idea of which was inspired by Geneva from A Pair & A Spare

Anyway, that's enough rambling for now :)
Have a great day!

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx

Dress - Zara
Belt - Trenery
Heels - Forever New

4 comments :

  1. Really love this gorgeous bohemian look Lauren! You've nailed it! The belt goes so perfectly with the floaty grecian vibes flowing from your outfit. I agree the white dress is such a "you" look. You look so very pretty. Crushing on your summer inspo as always ;)

    Aww and so sweet it was your sister's ball! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished