Friday 27 March 2015

Morning Musings

As I'm typing this it's currently 5:35 am. 
5:35 am on a Friday that I happen to have off work...
Why is it that on normal work days, my alarm goes off at 6:20 and I can hardly open my eyes, and yet on the rare occasion that I actually have a chance to sleep in, my body natural wakes itself up and I'm left just lying there wide awake??

Oh well... to be honest I don't actually mind. Mornings are my favourite part of the day - so fresh and  quiet and full of possibility (okay that was really cheesy... I can't believe I just wrote that). 

It's true though.
There's just something so calming about early mornings - about the fresh smell of the air, hinted with the lingering smell of rain, the sky still dark, and the only sound to be heard is the birds chirping away happily. 
I actually really love being awake at this time - to appreciate these fleeting moments. 

It reminds me of my uni days actually.
Sometimes I'd come home from uni so exhausted that I just couldn't face a whole night of studying, so I'd have an early night and wake up at 4am to study then. Those were actually my most productive times - at 4am there's no distractions, just the cool fresh air blowing in through the window and the sound of the birds.

Such a beautiful, peaceful time of day

xxx

1 comment :

  1. This has to be one of the most stunning skyline shots I've ever seen. There's something so mesmeric about sunsets and sunrises; I love all the gorgeous colours they capture. Burnt orange and pink have to be my favourites ones, such a pretty mix of colours <3

    I love this post, so beautifully written. It's nice you felt compelled to blog there and then, just writing your thoughts down and taking frankly about your feelings. Definitely the best kind of blog post, one that's open and honest. I think it's wonderful you like mornings, I wish I could be the kind of person that sees possibilities in mornings, I am useless at them haha. I know exactly what you mean about the smell of rain though, such a soothing scent, especially during the summer months. Saying that all summer scents have to be the best, like you I deffo think the fresh smell of air is calming and I love the smell of freshly mown grass. Summer's just the best full stop ;)

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished