Monday 11 May 2015

April in Pictures


Where on earth is the year going? It seems to be flying by so quickly!
Here's a look at a few things I've been up to in April:

It's been a pretty cool month, with Tom and I getting settled into our new place. We haven't quite got everything sorted yet, but things are slowly coming together.
The only part of the apartment that is completely done is the kitchen and we've been having fun cooking a little more instead of going out to eat like we usually do. I've particularly been enjoying using my new "Nutri Ninja" and have been going a bit crazy making smoothies! (Recipes will be making their way to the blog soon I'm sure!)

Long walks through King's Park, by the river and around UWA have also become part of our weekend routine. It's such a great way to start off the day and the weather's been pretty perfect for it (nice job Perth!)

With two long weekends this month I had a great excuse to finally sit down and enjoy a lazy afternoon reading a book. We still don't have internet yet which has been a little annoying (and is the reason why it's been a bit quiet on the blogging front this month), but it has been a great way to force me back into the habit of reading. Not that I need much forcing, but it's taken away the distraction of Instagram/email/youtube etc and helped me get back into something that I love but just don't do enough of!

Oh and I also dressed up as Princess Leia for a Star Wars themed party! (On that note - anyone else excited for the new Star Wars movie coming out soon? I can't wait!)

I hope April's been great for you! 

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx  

2 comments :

  1. April's looking gorgeous! I love your Instagram shots, there's always a mix and variety be it a pretty sunset, gorgeous recipe, stunning style or a lovely home inspired shot! And your capture of the blue skies is divine! And looking beautiful as Princess Leia Lauren! Sounds like the Star Wars film is going to be pretty epic; there was a trailer in the cinema last month even though it's not out until December in the UK! <3

    I feel you on the reading front, I'm getting so addicted to Instagram that even when I pick up a book I'm always breaking to scroll through my phone. Awful! :O ;) I think it's great to switch off sometimes and just chill with a book.

    So happy you and Tom are all settled into your new home, I can't wait to see what recipes you bring to the blog! :)

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Sophie!
      Yeah I'm not really sure when it's coming out in Australia... but hopefully not too far away! hehe ;)
      Instagram is definitely very addictive (and one of the main culprits when it comes to reasons I don't read enough anymore!) xx

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished