Wednesday 13 May 2015

My Style Diary - A Walk in the Park in my Overalls


Hello Hello! :)

I hope you've had a good Wednesday!
After struggling to get myself out of bed this morning (not a fan of how cold and dark the mornings are becoming), I actually ended up having a great day. I had some really lovely patients come in, and it was so nice to feel like I was actually doing something useful and really helping people out. Days like these make me feel really appreciative of my job (and I have to savour them while I can because they don't happen all the time!)

Anyway, enough about that...

These photos were taken a few weeks ago, when it was lovely and warm and sunny still (okay... I live in Perth... it's still sunny, but my standards it's pretty cold!)
Tom and I went for a really long walk to King's Park, stopping for breakfast at Zamia Cafe and then continuing on up to the DNA tower. 

These overalls are one of the few new items I've added to my wardrobe this year, and although I probably won't get a lot of use out of them over the winter, come spring and summer I know these will be a staple. I have so many memories of wearing overalls when I was younger and I love that they're back in style. While I'm sure some people will have their reservations (and admittedly I do feel slightly like a little kid when I'm wearing them), I really love them. They're comfy, cute and slightly quirky - all things I look for - and for someone like me who loves (and lives in) denim, they're a great versatile piece that fits perfectly into my wardrobe. I'm looking forward to being able to style them different ways, but we'll have to wait 'til the weather warms up! (Typical Lauren - it's not even winter yet and I'm already hanging out for summer!)

What do you think about overalls?
Let me know :p

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx

Top - Country Road
Overalls - Zara
Shoes - Converse

5 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the walk I promised my Thursday morning walking buddy that I'll take her to and reward ourselves with a worthy breakfast at the Zamia cafe afterwards. On reading this post, I'll definitely try an arrange it for next Thursday! Thanks Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she will love it!! 😊 thanks for reading Alice! Xxx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished