Sunday 23 August 2015

The Foodie Post - A Healthy Chocolate, Banana and Strawberry Smoothie


Hello hello :)

Today I have another "Foodie Post" to share with you!
I literally just whipped up this smoothie about an hour ago, and it turned out rather well (if I do say so myself), so I figured I should document it before I forget the recipe! 
(Plus I had a punnet of fresh strawberries from the farmer's market and couldn't resist the opportunity to photograph them - strawberries are just so photogenic!)

I used almond milk for this recipe (I've been trying to eat a little less dairy lately) and it tasted great! I find almond milk works really well for smoothies and gives them a nice, slightly nutty flavour. I also used frozen bananas so the smoothie would be nice and thick without needing to add any yoghurt. 
The cacao powder adds a nice chocolatey-ness, but needs a bit of sweetening so I threw in two dates which worked perfectly. Obviously you can adjust to taste - this is just what I happened to use today.

Ingredients:
 (Serves 2)

*2 frozen bananas
*A handful of fresh or frozen strawberries
*2 teaspoons of cacao powder
*2 dates
*Approx 300ml almond milk (adjust depending on how thick you want your smoothie)
*Cinnamon to sprinkle on top

Blend together, sprinkle over a little cinnamon, and there you have a yummy, chocolatey fruit smoothie!

Hope you enjoy - let me know if you give it a try :)

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx


PS: You could even turn this into a healthy version of ice-cream if you wanted to just pop it in the freezer for a while!

2 comments :

  1. This looks so tasty, I'll definitely be trying it out.

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished