Thursday 5 November 2015

My Style Diary - White Lace and Rambling About Capsule Wardrobes


Hello :)
Long time no see! I've been slacking with the blog lately, but I'm back with a quick outfit post, featuring a white lace dress (you know I love my white).

This Forever New dress has been in my wardrobe for a few years, and although I love it, I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn it. Hopefully this summer it will get a little more love as it is a beautiful dress.

The past few months  I've again been experimenting with dressing with a "Capsule Wardrobe", loosely following the Project 333 guidelines, which involves wearing 33 pieces for three months (one season).
The idea is that having a more minimal, streamlined wardrobe makes the process of getting dressed each day so much simpler, and it eliminates that common dilemma of "a wardrobe full of clothes, but nothing to wear" that I'm sure most people have experienced at some point!

Having a smaller, more streamlined but well edited wardrobe, full of only pieces you love, that all work together and suit your lifestyle, really does help to solve this problem! For me, it's really helped me to appreciate what I have and has actually made me more creative in how I put outfits together because I'm not so overwhelmed with choice!

My Spring Capsule Wardrobe has been going really well, and I'm really enjoying it. Having said that though, I do have to admit that this dress was not one of my 33 pieces! I'm not being super strict with myself about the numbers though. (That's not really what it's about anyway).
 Overall I've simplified, and for me that's enough.

I haven't discussed it a whole lot here on the blog, but this year I've really been delving into the concept of "minimalism" and just generally trying to live more simply and intentionally, and simplifying my wardrobe has definitely been a big part of this. I'm still a long way from where I want to be, but just having this change in mindset has made a such a huge difference. It's something I'm planning on talking about a lot more - but I'll save that for another post.
(This didn't end up being so quick after all!)

Hope you're having a great day!

Lauren
xxx

Dress - Forever New
Shoes - Aldo
Watch - Thomas Sabo


2 comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished