Sunday 29 January 2017

Experimenting With Our New Camera - Olympus Pen EPL 8


I'm diving into my photo archives once again for this post. There's no particular theme to this one - just a few cool photos I took while experimenting with my new camera that I wanted to share!

Back in November, I finally decided to take the plunge and invest in a new camera. I've been using my little Sony one for years and I figured it was time to step it up a notch. After doing a lot of research, I finally settled on the  Olympus Pen EPL-8. I wanted something that was fairly compact but that still had the option of using different lenses, so this one seemed perfect. 

After much discussion with my photographer uncle (it was so handy getting advice from him although his recommendations were definitely on the very expensive side - which I guess is to be expected), I decided to skip the kit lens that it usually comes with and instead invest in a few prime lenses - the  17mm f1.8 and  45mm f1.8. They were pricey, but they are really really nice lenses that I will use for years to come. I've been blogging for 4 years now and have been using my same little camera this whole time, so I decided it was finally time to just take the plunge.

These also seem to be the lenses that a lot of fashion bloggers use, so I figured they would probably be perfect for how I plan to mainly use them! I do also want to add a zoom lens to my collection at some point - it would have definitely come in handy while we were travelling!

I won't go into all the details about the camera because I am no photography buff, but I am really enjoying playing with it and (very slowly) learning how to use all it's different features.
This year I'd really like to learn more about photography so I can make the most out of my new camera. I'm happy to say I'm no longer shooting solely in automatic mode but I still have a long way to go!


So that's it for today!
Hope you're Sunday is off to a great start! I'm just about to do some  Yoga With Adriene now!

Lots of Love
Lauren
xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished